2017 Application for the Emerging Liver Scholars Resident Program
The Emerging Liver Scholars Resident Program provides up to 30 medical and surgical residents the opportunity to travel to and attend The Liver Meeting®, the most anticipated event of the year for science and hepatology professionals.
Important Dates to Remember
- Application Submission begins: February 1, 2017
- Application Deadline: April 1, 2017 (11:59 pm ET)
- Review and Selection: May 2017
- Notification: May 15, 2017
- Acceptance Deadline: June 1, 2017
- The Liver Meeting® 2017: October 20-24
Detailed Award Information
In order to be eligible for this award, the applicant must meet the following criteria.
- Residents should complete their first or second year of residency training by July 1, 2017, or for surgical residents in their first through fourth year of residency training by July 1, 2017. Only Residents are eligible to apply. Anyone accepted into a Fellowship program is not eligible.
- Candidates should have the potential to pursue a career in academic medicine, and not yet be committed to a particular field of specialization.
- A resident applying for this award should be a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S., or recipient of a student or trainee Visa to the US.
- The resident must be recommended and mentored by an AASLD member.
- Residents must complete an application and include a statement of interest.
Required Documents for the Application Process
- Curriculum Vitae
- Applicant statement detailing current academic interests, interest in attending The Liver Meeting®, and future career plans (maximum 1 page)
- Letter of Mentor support outlining why the candidate should receive this award (maximum 1 page)
Submitting an Application
- Combine your application, CV, statement and mentor's letter of support into a single PDF document.
- Once your single document PDF is ready, click on the "Apply Now" graphic in the upper right corner of this page. Follow the instructions.
Two items to note
- Browse to select your application PDF document, then choose 'Upload File.'
- Upload status, either success or failure, will be presented onscreen.
Upload ELS Application
The application deadline for the 2017 Award Program is April 1, 2017.
AASLD will review the applications and select recipients of the travel award. Applications will be reviewed based only on the written materials submitted. All decisions are final. Incomplete applications and applications that fail to adhere strictly to the instructions (including the submission deadline and page limitations) will not be reviewed.
If you encounter any problems uploading your application, or have any questions about the program, contact AASLD at 703-299-9766 or email@example.com.