We encourage you to volunteer your time, or nominate your colleagues, to help support the mission and vision of the Association. The web-based AASLD Call for Volunteers and Nominations for the Governing Board, Nominating Committee, Standing Committees and Distinguished Awards is open! We are seeking a diverse pool of candidates to help guide the future of the organization and support our mission to prevent and cure liver disease. AASLD values and seeks diverse leadership as defined by race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, appearance, geographic location, and professional level. Nominations close February 22, 2023, so don't delay - do your part and submit to volunteer today!
Call For Volunteers and Nominations
It's As Easy As 1-2-3
- View and download the 78 open Standing Committee Positions in 2024 [PPT] and submit an application for yourself or for a colleague.
- Log in to your AASLD member profile to submit your nominations.
- Choose from the four modules – Leadership, Committees, Distinguished Awards and Patient Representatives – to begin your nomination process.
Nominees for the Nominating Committee should demonstrate:
- Accomplishments in the study or care of patients with liver diseases, and in the fields of clinical, basic or health services research.
- Evidence of commitment to AASLD activities such as presentations at meetings of the Association and service on AASLD committees.
The Nominating Committee will review submitted nominations in April of 2023 and make recommendations for elected and standing committee positions. The President-Elect will make the final appointments to standing committees with the approval of the Governing Board.
Criteria for nomination of Councilor to the Governing Board
- Accomplishments in the study or care of liver diseases, in the fields of clinical or basic research.
- Evidence of commitment to AASLD activities, by presentations at meetings of the Association membership as postgraduate course faculty, and service on AASLD committees.
- Evidence of organizational and leadership roles in academic hepatology.
- Constitution of the Governing Board should reflect the diversity of the membership.
- Previous Councilors are ineligible for re-election to the Governing Board.
- Regular members who serve in a leadership capacity for related organizations or are employed full time in the pharmaceutical or biotech industries are ineligible for election to office.
Criteria for nomination of Councilor-at-Large
- Similar inclusionary and exclusionary criteria to those of Councilor.
- Ideally, the Councilor-at-Large should represent areas within the membership that are currently under- represented.
- The Councilor-at-Large shall serve for three years.
Standing Committee Nominations
Volunteer for service on an AASLD standing committee. Terms begin on January 1, 2024.
Learn more about AASLD Committees.
2023 Patient Representatives
Do you know a patient or patient advocate that would be interested in serving on an AASLD Committee?
Patient representatives are a vital part of our community, and as such we have committee positions that provide the patient voice in our AASLD work. We are currently accepting nominations for committee service to begin in 2024. AASLD Members are encouraged to nominate patient representatives. AASLD membership is not required for appointment to these positions and non-members representing the patient community may apply.
Learn more about AASLD Committees.
Your participation in the nominations process is essential for the governance of the Association and is appreciated. If you have questions, direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.