Events planned independently of AASLD are categorized as Affiliate Events. These activities provide opportunities for colleagues to gather and / or network with others within the field.
AASLD understands the value of having a large number of specialists in one place and we offer the opportunity for universities, government agencies, nonprofit and corporate / industry groups to organize non-educational events over the course of The Liver Meeting®.
There is a non-refundable administrative fee for each submitted application*. See fee table below. The administrative fee will be waived for nonprofit and college / university sponsored events. In addition, exhibitors at The Liver Meeting® will receive a 20% discount on their application fee. Contact email@example.com for the access code to receive the discount.
- Before August 30: $300
- After August 30 but before October 30: $350
- After October 30: $550
NEW! – Applications are now one application with a multi-day selection. You will still need to pay the administrative fee per day. The only exception to this is the Staff Office (limited 2 per organization) will be one fee per application.
Events at Official and Unofficial Facilities
All events involving The Liver Meeting® attendees require AASLD approval. This includes events scheduled at unofficial facilities (corporate headquarters, non-official hotels, restaurants, special venues, etc.).
Rules and Regulations
- Rules and Guidelines for Meeting Space Submission
- Restricted and Approved Times
- Description and Meeting Type Guidelines
- Prohibited Events
- Marketing Activities and Event Invitations / Notices
- Affiliate FAQs
To be eligible to host affiliate events at official AASLD hotels, local restaurants or other venues within a 10-mile radius of the convention center must submit this form and the event must be approved by AASLD Administration. Since an event is in conjunction with AASLD, across AASLD’s dates, in the host city location and solicits AASLD attendees, it must follow the AASLD event protocol.
Space availability at each hotel will be on a first-come, first served basis, based on date application is received. The hotel will provide space assignment once your request is approved by AASLD. Once space is assigned and you receive your confirmation, you can contact the meeting facility and make further arrangements for meeting room rental and food and beverage requirements. Menus will be provided by the facility. A food and beverage minimum may apply.
To reserve a space:
- There is a non-refundable administrative fee for each submitted application. Please be advised that no event will be confirmed, approved or have space released until the administrative fee has been received. The administrative fee will be waived for nonprofit and college/ university sponsored events.
- Exhibitors and/or meeting coordinators are not permitted to reserve meeting rooms directly through the convention center or hotels contracted by AASLD until the event is approved.
- Available space is limited and will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Space is not available at the convention center.