Date of event
Continuing Education Credits
Note: This webinar will be presented in Spanish only. / Este seminario web se presentará solo en español.
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD)
- Latin American Association for the Study of the Liver (Asociación Latinoamericana para el Estudio del Hígado; ALEH)
- AASLD COVID-19 Task Force
- AASLD COVID-19 Education & Outreach Subcommittee
- Marina Serper, MD
University of Pennsylvania Health System
- Jorge A. Marrero, MD, FAASLD
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Manuel Mendizabal, MD
Hospital Universitario Austral Buenos Aires
COVID-19 has not only had a profound impact on everyone around the world but also in how we practice hepatology and gastroenterology. In this webinar we will review how the Americas have adapted to the challenges that COVID-19 has presented and how different approaches to the treatment of COVID-19 has helped develop best practice in the following areas of hepatology during this pandemic:
- Alcohol-associated Liver Disease
- Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease/Metabolic Associated Fatty Liver Disease
- Liver Transplantation.
Manuel Mendizabal, MD
Dr. Mendizabal currently works as a hepatologist at the Hepatology and Liver Transplantation Unit of the Austral University Hospital in Buenos Aires. He received his medical degree from Austral University and completed his Internal Medicine residency at the same Institution. He subsequently completed his training in Hepatology and Liver Transplantation at the University of Pennsylvania under the direction of Dr. Rajender Reddy. He is part of the different regional scientific societies, being currently the Secretary of the Latin American Association for the Study of the Liver (ALEH) and the Secretary of the Argentine Society for the Study of Liver (SAHE). His areas of interest are viral hepatitis, acute liver failure, and liver transplantation.