Date of event
Continuing Education Credits
*Webinar Registration Is Complimentary for All Interested Attendees
- AASLD COVID-19 Task Force
- AASLD COVID-19 Clinical Oversight & Education Subcommittee
- AASLD Patient Advisory Group
- Corrie Berk, DNP, MBA
Loma Linda University Medical Center
- Su H. Wang, MD, MPH
Saint Barnabas Medical Center
- Nancy Reau, MD, FAASLD
Rush University Medical Center
- Elizabeth K. Goacher, PA-C, MHS, AF-AASLD
- Karen Hoyt, BA
I Help C: Your Best Friends Guide to Hepatitis C and Cirrhosis
- Oren K. Fix, MD, MSc, FAASLD
Washington State University Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine
This patient centered webinar will provide a brief overview on the risk of COVID-19 in patients with underlying liver disease. Patients on immune suppression and with advanced liver disease will be featured. An overview of the risks and benefit of vaccines for COVID-19 will also be presented.
The four short presentations will include:
- "Why Chronic Liver Disease is Considered an Underlying Medical Condition with Increased Risks of Complications from COVID-19"
- "Types of Vaccines: Which One is Right for Me?"
- "Variants: What Does this Mean for Me?"
- "CDC Guidelines: What should I do pre- & post-vaccination to protect myself?"
Patient questions will be solicited prior to the webinar and the bulk of the time will be reserved to address patient concerns.
Submit your questions to the panelists via this link.