Invited presenters of all AASLD programs, including faculty and oral abstract presenters, are required to follow the Presenter Expectations below. Failure to comply will result from removal from current and future AASLD programs.
- Presentations must be objective and free of commercial bias for or against any product or device. Slides and/or reference materials shall not, by their content or format, advance the specific proprietary interests of a commercial entity, and may not include commercial logos.
- Presentations must give a balanced view of therapeutic options; use of generic names will contribute to this impartiality. If the content includes trade names, where available, trade names from several companies must be used.
- Research findings and therapeutic recommendations must be based on scientifically accurate, up-to-date information and are presented in a balanced, objective manner.
- Presentations must not violate any proprietary or personal rights of others (including with limitation copyright or privacy rights), be factually accurate, and contain nothing libelous or otherwise unlawful.
- Disclosure information provided by faculty and abstract authors will be peer-reviewed. If a potential conflict of interest is identified, the planning committee members will request to review presentations one month in advance of the meeting. Additionally, disclosure information will appear in various meeting materials and also be inserted by AASLD as the second slide of my presentation for display before the activity.
- Information presented during The Liver Meeting® is the property of AASLD and the presenter. Information may not be recorded, photographed, copied, photocopied, transferred to electronic format, reproduced, or distributed without the written permission of AASLD and the presenter. Any use of the program content which includes, but is not limited to, oral presentations, audiovisual materials used by speakers, and program handouts, without the written consent of AASLD is prohibited. (Does not apply to Federal employees presenting within the scope of Federal employment)
- AASLD will use my name, likeness, photograph and biographical data in connection with the use and promotion of the conference and my presentation.
- If the activity in which I am presenting receives commercial support, I will not accept any payment from the commercial supporter.
- All presenter changes or cancellations must be reported to AASLD as soon as possible. If applicable, honorarium, and/or reimbursement previously offered will be withheld.
Off-label Investigational Use
When an unlabeled use of a commercial product or an investigational use not yet approved for any purpose is included in the content of an educational activity, faculty and oral abstract presenters are required to verbally disclose that the product is not labeled for the use under discussion or that the product is still investigational, in accordance with the ACCME standards and the Food and Drug Administration requirements.