To represent AASLD in issues regarding Women’s health, and to promote gender diversity of scientists and others in the fields of hepatology and gastroenterology and the membership of AASLD.
- The AASLD Women’s Health Representative Committee will organize the Professional Development Workshop for The Liver Meeting.
- Represent AASLD in issues regarding women’s health as representatives to the Gastroenterology Women’s Coalition (GWC), a committee comprised of representatives of the AGA, AASLD, ASGE, and NASPGHAN.
- Chair the GWC for a period of two years in rotation with the other GI societies. As chair, the AASLD Women’s Health Representative will serve on the Medical Health Advisory Board of the Society for the Advancement of Women’s Health Research.
- Promote gender diversity of scientists and others in the fields of hepatology and gastroenterology and the membership of AASLD.
Size, Term, Composition:
- Three (3) members, who shall serve staggered three year terms.
- Representatives will be selected by the AASLD President-elect, with the advice and consent of the governing board.
Governing Board Liaison:
- A Board liaison will be appointed to the committee for the purpose of sharing information between committee members, the governing board, and staff.
The Women’s Health Representative Committee will report regularly to the AASLD governing board on the committee’s status.
- The GWC meets during DDW each year.
Work Outside of Meetings:
Relates to Goal:
- Goal 1.1 Provide in-person and online education
- Goal 1.3 Augment workforce recruitment, mentoring, and career development activities