In 2016, AASLD launched the Innovation Fund to identify and support new ideas for enhancing the society’s mission. Awards of $10,000 to $60,000 are available for one- to two-year innovative projects.
Six projects have been funded so far.
Cycle 1 Recipients
- Social Media Essentials
Communications and Technology Committee
Description: AASLD's Social Media Essentials provides the tools you need to join, engage and thrive in a social health care environment.
- Development of an Electronic Causality Assessment Tool for Diagnosis of Drug-Induced Liver Injury
Cycle 2 Recipients
- Development of an App to Predict ACLF and Mortality in Cirrhotic Inpatients
Jasmohan S. Bajaj, MD, FAASLD / Acute on Chronic Liver Failure SIG
- EL-Fit: The Physical Fitness App for End-Stage Liver Disease
Andres Duarte-Rojo, MD, DSc / Clinical Practice SIG
- Hepatology Curriculum for Medical Students
Steven K. Herrine, MD, FAASLD / Membership and Mentorship Committee
- Effect of Smartphone Remote Monitoring in Predicting Outcomes in Patients with Cirrhosis
Nikroo Hashemi, MD, MPH / Public Health/Health Care Delivery SIG
Any AASLD member may apply, but applications must be submitted through a SIG or committee. Interested applicants should submit a Letter of Inquiry to determine Committee/SIG interest in sponsoring their application. Letters should be addressed to the appropriate Committee Chair or SIG Chair and emailed to Julia Merrill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Innovation Fund and the application process, visit aasld.org/innovationfund.