2018 Application for the Emerging Liver Scholars Resident Program
The Emerging Liver Scholars Resident Program provides up to 30 medical and surgical residents the opportunity to travel to and attend The Liver Meeting®, the most anticipated event of the year for science and hepatology professionals.
Important Dates for ELS 2018
- Application Deadline: May 1, 2018 (11:59 pm ET)
- Review and Selection: May 7-15, 2018
- Notification: May 18, 2018
- Acceptance Deadline: June 1, 2018
- The Liver Meeting® 2018: November 9-13, San Francisco
Detailed Award Information
In order to be eligible for this award, the applicant must meet the following criteria.
- Residents should complete their first or second year of residency training by July 1, 2018, or for surgical residents in their first through fourth year of residency training by July 1, 2018. Only Residents are eligible to apply. Anyone accepted into a Fellowship program is not eligible.
- Candidates should have the potential to pursue a career in academic medicine, and not yet be committed to a particular field of specialization.
- A resident applying for this award should be a citizen or permanent resident of the US, or recipient of a student or trainee Visa to the US.
- The resident must be recommended and mentored by an AASLD member.
- Residents must complete an application and include a statement of interest.
Required Documents for the Application Process
- Curriculum Vitae
- Applicant statement detailing current academic interests, interest in attending The Liver Meeting®, and future career plans (maximum 1 page)
- Letter of Mentor support outlining why the candidate should receive this award (maximum 1 page)
Submitting an Application
- Combine your application, CV, statement and mentor's letter of support into a single PDF document.
- Once your single document PDF is ready, click on the "Apply to the ELS" graphic in the upper right corner of this page. Follow the instructions.
Two items to note
- Browse to select your application PDF document, then choose 'Upload File.'
- Upload status, either success or failure, will be presented onscreen.