Certificates and Continuing Education Credits
The Liver Meeting Digital Experience™ offers a variety of continuing education resources designed to engage hepatology professionals in lifelong learning opportunities along with the chance to stay current on the latest trends in clinical management of diseases of the liver and biliary tract and in liver transplantation.
- Physicians: earn up to 139.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ (CME)
- American Board of Internal Medicine Certified Physicians: earn up to 139.0 ABIM MOC points
- Everyone can claim a Certificate of Attendance!
AASLD has several policies regarding use TLMdX materials and information. Please visit the links below for detailed information regarding each policy:
The American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) designates this other activity (internet live course and internet enduring material) for a maximum of 139.0 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Please note: Select sessions may not be eligible for CME credit, and will be noted accordingly.
American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Statement
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 139.0 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Please note: Select sessions may not be eligible for CME/MOC credit and will be noted accordingly
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco LLC and the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases. Amedco LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Nurse Pharmacology Credits
Please note the agenda for identification of sessions eligible for pharmacotherapeutic hours and self-submit those to your board. Keep the agenda as a reference in case they have questions.
Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis are among the 15 leading causes of death in the United States. The Liver Meeting® will facilitate the exchange of scientific knowledge from cutting-edge clinical, basic and translational research in liver transplantation and diseases of the liver and biliary tract. Integrating evidence-based medicine and new quality concepts into practice is essential to ultimately improve health outcomes. Through networking opportunities and a variety of educational and interactive sessions, healthcare professionals worldwide can effectively diagnose and manage liver disorders.
All healthcare providers with an interest in hepatology will benefit from the information presented at The Liver Meeting® including:
- Hepatologists (Adult and Pediatric)
- Transplant Hepatologists (Adult and Pediatric)
- Gastroenterologists (Adult and Pediatric)
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Transplant Coordinators
- Internal Medicine Physicians
- Internal Medicine Residents and Medical Students
- Cell Biologists
- Lawyers who specialize in medical practice
- Infectious Disease Specialists
- Public Health Workers
- Research Coordinators
- Nurse Educators
- Pharmaceutical Industry Representatives
- Patient Advocates/ Patient Advocacy Group Representatives
Upon completion of this live activity, learners will be able to:
- Evaluate recent advancements in groundbreaking basic, translational, comparative effectiveness, outcomes and clinical research in diseases of the liver and biliary tract that may be readily incorporated into practice.
- Examine short- and long-term patient outcomes following liver transplantation by integrating current evidence-based practice in pre-transplant clinical care, advances in surgical techniques and state-of-the-art postoperative management.
- Formulate partnerships and develop comparative effectiveness projects, design clinical trials and complete ongoing investigative efforts to improve the health outcomes in acute and chronic diseases of the liver and biliary tract.
The Liver Meeting® was planned in the context of the following ACGME/IOM/IPEC competencies: Patient Care and Procedural Skills, Medical Knowledge, Practice-based Learning and Improvement, Interpersonal and Communication Skills, Professionalism, Systems-based Practice, Provide Patient-centered Care, Work in Interdisciplinary Teams, Employ Evidence-based Practice, Apply Quality Improvements, Utilize Informatics, Values/Ethics for Interprofessional Practice, Roles/Responsibilities, Interprofessional Communication, Teams and Teamwork.