The American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) is the leading organization of scientists and health care professionals committed to preventing and curing liver disease.
We understand the importance and deeply value the voices of our patient and advocate community. We’re partnering with the patient community to better inform our work to improve health outcomes, and we are committed to collaborating and facilitating connections so we can create synergies with the work that you do.
The Liver Meeting offers patients and advocates so much this year. In addition to expert speakers, there will be many opportunities to network with your peers while exchanging ideas during exclusive events, individual chats, and immersive sessions. Get to know each other in the digital lounge for the TLMdX attendees.
Register as a Patient or Patient Advocate
For the Patient Community, we are offering many community, and physician-led sessions and networking opportunities to connect patients, advocates, and healthcare professionals. Patients and advocates can learn about the latest science through abstract tours, attend special sessions, and participate in educational sessions. This special track is designed to offer maximum interactive opportunities to ask questions, provide feedback and have discussions with the entire hepatology community. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require special registration consideration.
AASLD values our patients and advocates and wants to ensure we have specially dedicated programming to fit your needs. We have curated several sessions covering the most pressing topics in hepatology to keep you in the know. Sessions include:
- Annual Forum and Meet and Greet
- Keynote Presentation: How Physician-Patient Partnerships Can Improve Liver Disease Care & Research
- Making an Impact Where You Are: Patient Voices as a Vehicle for Change
- Grit, Grace, Gratitude & Resilience: What You Wish Your Doctors Knew About You
- Cirrhosis Improving Quality through Patient Empowerment
- Practice Guidelines Debrief for Patients
- Patient Debrief
- HBV Cure – How close are we?
- TLM Wrap-up and Feedback Open Discussion
We've created these tailored tours for our patient/advocate community within the TLMdX platform so you can hear the latest on these various disease states. These tours cover the following topics:
- Pediatrics and Rare Liver Disease
- Public Health
- Autoimmune Liver Disease / PBC
- Alcohol-Associated Liver Disease