All faculty members (including Program Planners, Program Chairs, Moderators, Panelists, and Presenters) are expected to fully disclose all financial relationships with a commercial interest. By accepting our invitation, you agree to comply with AASLD's Faculty Agreement and Presentation Preparation Guidelines outlined below:
Presentations may be recorded for printed and electronic distribution by AASLD. This includes posting on The Liver Meeting Digital Experience™ (TLMdX) platform(s), the e-learning portal LiverLearning®, any AASLD affiliated websites and printed communications. Select sessions will not be available as enduring material or as an OnDemand product; these sessions will be noted accordingly in the program.
Faculty Agreement and Presentation Preparation Guidelines
- I understand that I have been asked to pre-record my presentation and upload it to AASLD in the approved format in advance of The Liver Meeting Digital Experience™ and in accordance with deadlines set by AASLD. I understand that my pre-recorded presentation will be made available as an OnDemand product and remain online for up to ninety (90) days to extend the reach of The Liver Meeting Digital Experience™.
- I understand that my presentation may be presented at a specific date and time and then made available as an OnDemand product after The Liver Meeting Digital Experience™.
- I understand that I am responsible for the associated costs, if any, of pre-recording my presentation and uploading it to AASLD and/or its vendor.
- Presentations must be objective and free of commercial bias for or against any product or device. Slides and/or reference materials shall not, by their content or format, advance the specific proprietary interests of a commercial entity, and may not include commercial logos.
- Research findings and therapeutic recommendations must be based on scientifically accurate, up-to-date information and are presented in a balanced, objective manner.
- I warrant and represent that, to the best of my knowledge, nothing in my presentation violates any proprietary or personal rights of others (including with limitation copyright or privacy rights); is factually accurate, and contains nothing libelous or otherwise unlawful.
- I understand that the disclosure information provided above in my speaker center will be peer-reviewed. If a potential conflict of interest is identified, the planning committee members will request to review my presentation in advance of the meeting. Additionally, I understand that my disclosure information may be printed/made available in various meeting materials and that I am required to disclose all financial relationships within the last twelve months in the first slide of my presentation for display before the activity.
- Information presented during The Liver Meeting Digital Experience™ is the property of AASLD and the presenter. Information may not be recorded, photographed, copied, photocopied, transferred to electronic format, reproduced, posted on another forum, linked to, or distributed without the written permission of AASLD and the presenter. Any use of the program content which includes, but is not limited to, oral presentations, audiovisual materials used by speakers, and program handouts, without the written consent of AASLD is prohibited. (Does not apply to Federal employees presenting within the scope of Federal employment). My pre-recorded presentation may not be shared, published, uploaded, transferred, or distributed.
- I authorize AASLD to use my name, likeness, photograph, and biographical data in connection with the use and promotion of The Liver Meeting Digital Experience™, my presentation, and promotion of OnDemand materials.
- I authorize AASLD and its vendors to record and/or broadcast my presentation for The Liver Meeting Digital Experience™ and make my presentation available OnDemand. I grant to AASLD an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, assignable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive right and license (including the right to sublicense as provided below) for AASLD, its sublicensees, to use, broadcast, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display my presentation anywhere for any purpose, whether commercial or not, and the right to sublicense such right. The foregoing right and license extends to any form, media, or technology, whether now known or later developed. I will not be entitled to compensation for any use by AASLD, its sublicensees of my presentation. This license survives the termination of the Agreement.
- If the activity in which I am presenting receives commercial support, I will not accept any payment from the commercial supporter.
- I agree to notify the AASLD Office immediately in the event that an emergency should prevent me from meeting my obligation as a presenter and/or meeting the deadlines established for recording and uploading my presentation. If such occurs, I acknowledge that honorarium, and/or reimbursement previously offered may be withheld.
- Presentations must give a balanced view of therapeutic options; the use of generic names will contribute to this impartiality. If the content includes trade names, where available, trade names from several companies must be used.
- I understand my presentation will be evaluated by program planners, audience participants, and moderators for fair balance (e.g. perceived commercial bias).