Fundamentals Of Liver Disease Curriculum Committee
To improve and promote hepatology education for the non-hepatologist by defining the topics of, assigning authors to, and assisting in the development and maintenance of online learning modules addressing various liver diseases.
The Committee will:
- Select authors and define topics for FOLD unit modules.
- Review submitted modules and present them to the Foundation Board of Trustees within twelve to fifteen months of author invitation.
- Review published modules within two years of publication or according to a schedule defined at the time of guideline development.
- Coordinate the process of module development, review, editing, and publication/republication for specifically assigned modules.
- Coordinate all meeting logistics through the Association’s staff.
- Work within the budget and policies set forth by the Foundation Board of Trustees.
The Chair will:
- Direct the planning process for each new unit and revision process for all units needing to be updated every two years.
- Report regularly to the AASLD Foundation Board of Trustees as follows:
- Access and usage statistics provided at May and November in person meetings at DDW® and The Liver Meeting®
- Development and publication of new units
- Revision and republishing of already existing units on two-year life cycles for CME/MOC/CE
- Submit a written report to each Foundation Board of Trustees meeting
- Submit a year-end summary of completed and upcoming activities relating to the strategic plan
- Attend Foundation Board of Trustees meeting upon request.
Size, Term, Composition
- Committee should be comprised of eight members.
- Members should include two primary care providers*, one physician assistant and either two nurse practitioners or one nurse practitioner and one registered nurse (this is to meet ANCC planning requirements for Continuing Nursing Education.
- The rest of the committee (2-3 members) will consist of hepatologists. * Primary care provider members will be appointed rather than identified through the normal nominations process. Primary care provider members will be provided complimentary AASLD membership (online journal access only, member access to LiverLearning®, but will have no general AASLD voting rights)
- Committee members will serve staggered one- to three-year terms.
- The chair will serve in that capacity for three years, and thus may extend his/her term on the committee to up to six years. Subcommittees may be formed by the chair to deal with specific issues.
- Chair and Committee members (with the exception of the two primary care provider members who will be hand selected by the chair and submitted for approval to the AASLD President-elect and the Foundation Board of Trustees) will be selected by the AASLD President-elect, with the advice and consent of the Foundation Board of Trustees.
- The chair and vice chair will be selected from the members who have already served on the committee for at least one year.
- Special ad hoc members can be assigned to specific topics at the request of the chair and approval of the Foundation Board of Trustees.
Governing Board Liaison
A Board liaison will be appointed to the committee for the purpose of sharing information between committee members, the Foundation Board of Trustees, and AASLD staff.
The committee reports to the Foundation Board of Trustees. Written reports are submitted for each Board of Trustees meeting.
The committee will meet face-to-face once a year (at The Liver Meeting®) based upon approval of the governing board budget items.
Work Outside Of Meetings
Conference calls may be arranged by the chair to aid communication or to discuss time sensitive issues. Committee members will be expected to review committee materials prior to meetings and conference calls. Individual committee members may be assigned additional tasks by the chair.
Individual committee member expenses are reimbursed in accordance with Association policy.
Relates To Goal
Goal 1.1 Provide online education.
- Patient Representative
- Jennifer Slepin, MSN, RN, PHN