To provide a slate of candidates for election to the AASLD Governing Board and Nominating Committee, and Chair of the Ethics Committee. The Nominating Committee will make preliminary standing committee appointments for consideration by the President-Elect who will make the final appointments and recommend their approval by the Governing Board.
A Councilor, Councilor-at-Large, Secretary, and Treasurer for the AASLD Governing Board, and Chair of the Ethics Committee will be elected from the proposed slates of candidates. These candidates must meet the criteria prescribed in the Nominating Committee Guidelines and Criteria.
The Committee will:
- Annually develop a slate of
- Three (3) candidates for the Councilor position on the Governing Board.
- Three (3) candidates for Councilor-at-Large.
- Ten (10) candidates for the Nominating Committee.
- Every three years, develop a slate of three (3) candidates for:
- Secretary and/or Treasurer
- Chair of the Ethic Committee.
- Annually make preliminary standing committee appointments for consideration by the President-Elect
The Chair will:
- Direct the nomination process
- Work within the budget and policies set forth by the Governing Board.
- Issue a call for candidates.
- Submit a written report to the Governing Board.
- Make policy recommendations to the Governing Board.
Size, Term, Composition:
Ten (10) members, each serving a two-year term, except for the Chair who will serve a one-year term. In addition, the President-Elect will serve in an ex-officio capacity for one-year to facilitate the committee’s participation in the standing committee appointment process. Nominating Committee members should reflect the diversity of membership.
- The Chair will be the immediate Past-President of AASLD.
- A slate of ten names will be presented to the membership from which three will be elected every other year and two members during the alternate years, resulting in an annual Committee composition of five elected members.
- The President will appoint one additional member.
- The President-Elect will appoint one additional member.
- Members who are unable to serve will be replaced by the Chair, from the original slate.
Governing Board Liaison:
The Nominating Committee Chair will serve as liaison to the Governing Board.
The committee reports to the Governing Board and the membership. Written reports shall be submitted to the Governing Board in May of each year. Additionally, the committee reports to the membership at the time of the Annual Meeting.
The committee meets annually in April to complete the slates of candidates and during the Annual Meeting.
Work Outside of Meetings:
Individual committee member expenses are reimbursed in accordance with association policy.
Relates to Goal:
Goal 1.3 Augment workforce recruitment, mentoring, and career development activities.