The mission of the Acute on Chronic Liver Failure SIG is to promote increased understanding of the changing landscape of research into patients with chronic liver disease and cirrhosis who develop acute deterioration of their condition. Through consortia and multi-center studies, the definition, prognostication and therapeutic strategies of acute-on-chronic liver failure are explored.
The overall goal is to generate interest and encourage continuing research into this fast-increasing condition.
- Co-Chair: Jennifer Cindy Lai, MD
- Co-Chair: Thomas M. Leventhal, MD
- Co-Chair: Puneeta Tandon, MD, FRCPC
- Co-Chair: Constantine J. Karvellas, MD, SM, FRCPC
Global Outreach Subcommittee
- Co-Chair: Andres Cardenas, MD, MMSc, PhD, FAASLD
- Co-Chair: Charles Panackel, MD, DNB, DM
Membership and Mentorship Subcommittee
- Chair: Hugo E. Vargas, MD, FAASLD