The Associate Fellow of the AASLD is dedicated to promoting Associates and their delivery of specialized and high-quality health care. The purpose of the Associate Fellow is to further advance the role of the Associates, develop future leaders, support their careers as mentors, expand engagement in committees and special interest groups and enhance AASLD’s mission.
The Associate Fellow of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AF-AASLD) – the highest distinction among the Associate member category by AASLD – recognizes distinguished professional achievement of advanced training, education and commitment to the highest level of hepatology care in clinical, research or academic practice.
Associate Fellowship is open to the following professionals:
- Clinical Pharmacists
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Registered Nurses
- Registered Dieticians
- Other Allied Health Professionals
It is awarded to advanced practice providers and other allied health professionals who have made a significant contribution to the knowledge and/or practice of liver diseases and is considered a leader in the field.
To learn what is required to become an AF-AASLD, review the criteria.
Benefits of Becoming An AF-AASLD
- As an AASLD Associate Fellow, you will have the use of the letters "AF-AASLD" in your professional activities.
- Upon acceptance, you will receive a certificate and recognition in AASLD publications.
- Opportunity to contribute in the area of student and early career training of Associates.
- Serve as a premier leader and valuable resource to your colleagues.
- Help facilitate career development of Associates through networking, interdisciplinary collaboration, education and mentorship.
- Be the champion of Associates within the field of hepatology across all practice settings
A fee of $100 (US dollars) must accompany each application.
Important Dates for AF-AASLD
- Application Submission opens: December 1, 2020
- Application Deadline closes: January 31, 2021
- Acceptance Notification: TBD
How to Apply
- Applicant personal statement (no more than 750 words)
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of sponsorship from current FAASLD members
- Sponsors should be well acquainted with the applicant’s professional activities.
- The letters should be originally written, on the sponsor’s business letterhead and highlight the applicant’s professional accomplishments and why the applicant warrants the AF-AASLD designation.
- Proof of board certification
- License number
Letters of recommendation by two Fellows of AASLD
The letters should, at a minimum, include:
- How well you know the applicant (in what capacity, for how long, verify duration of clinical practice, etc.)
- Qualifications that justify Associate Fellowship, specifically describing the applicant’s scope of practice, their strengths, including:
- Research and publications
- Clinical care
- Community service
- Candidate’s integrity and moral character
- Activities in AASLD, such as Committee service, presentations, etc.
- A means of contact if the Committee has questions
Any questions about the qualifications and procedures regarding the AF-AASLD Program should be directed to the AASLD Membership department. They can be reached at 703-299-9766, or email@example.com.