The Fellow of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (FAASLD) — the highest honor among AASLD membership categories — recognizes superior professional achievement in clinical or academic practice, and in basic or clinical research.
It is awarded to members (physicians, scientists, researchers or health care providers) who have made a significant contribution to the knowledge and/or practice of liver and biliary diseases, and who are considered leaders in the field.
To learn what is required to become an AASLD Fellow, review the criteria.
Benefits of Becoming an AASLD Fellow
- As an AASLD Fellow, you will have the use of the letters "FAASLD" in your professional activities.
- Upon acceptance, you will receive a certificate and recognition in AASLD publications.
- Opportunity to contribute in the area of student and resident training and mentorship.
A fee of $150 (US dollars) must accompany each application.
How to Apply
Important Dates to Remember
- Application Submission begins: December 1, 2020
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2021
- Acceptance Notification: TBD
Make sure you have reviewed the Fellowship criteria before you apply.
Any questions about the qualifications and procedures regarding the AASLD Fellows Program should be directed to the AASLD Membership department. They can be reached at 703-299-9766, or email@example.com.
Get to Know a Fellow
Becoming an AASLD Fellow is much more than the sum of the benefits AASLD offers as part of a Fellow’s recognition. Becoming an AASLD Fellow represents a culmination of achievements and a passion for hepatology. Get to know the highly accomplished individuals who have pushed the needle forward in the field of hepatology and influenced that passion in others.