The Governing Board will manage the affairs of the association, and review, establish, and modify professional scientific business administrative policies within the limits of the Bylaws to further the purposes of AASLD. The Governing Board shall approve an annual budget, establish financial goals for the Association, oversee the financial operations of the Association, and have discretion in the control, management of investments and disbursement of funds. The Board shall establish and review long-term objectives of AASLD and establish the priority of all programs and activities.
The Governing Board shall consist of (11) members: President, President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, Past-President, (3) Councilors and (3) Councilors-at-Large.
Governing Board Responsibilities
- Establish and disband appointed groups including committees (not established by the Bylaws) and task forces.
- Designate representatives to other organizations.
- Receive reports from all standing committees and approve candidates for membership.
- Oversee and manage the publication of the Associations' journals: HEPATOLOGY, Liver Transplantation, Clinical Liver Disease, and Hepatology Communications, as well as all other AASLD publications.
- Administer selection of all official awards, prizes and grants.
- Accept grants, contributions, gifts, bequests or devices to further the purposes of AASLD.
- Approve or disapprove all recommendations of standing committees.
- Approve all nominations to standing committees.
- Investigate all charges of unprofessional or unbecoming conduct made against any member or to bring such charges on its own initiative.
2021 Governing Board
Raymond T. Chung, MD, FAASLD
Massachusetts General Hospital
Laurie D. DeLeve, MD, PhD, FAASLD
University of Southern California
Jorge A. Bezerra, MD, FAASLD
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Meena B. Bansal, MD, FAASLD
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Vijay H. Shah, MD, FAASLD
Mayo Clinic Rochester
Norah Terrault, MD, MPH, FAASLD
Keck Medical Center of USC
W. Ray Kim, MD, FAASLD
Stanford University Medical Center
Grace L. Su, MD, FAASLD
University of Michigan
David C. Mulligan, MD, FACS, FAASLD
Mary E. McCarthy Rinella, MD, FAASLD
University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
Paul Martin, MD, FAASLD
University of Miami School of Medicine